More secret price increases?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I placed an order august 15 for a 2023 HC Suburban, which has not been accepted yet. At that time it was $86,060. I just built it online and now it’s $87,360. Up $1300 in 5 weeks. Did I miss news from GM? I’m probably going to cancel order anyway cuz I won’t get it at best until I’d say February-March and at that point I’d rather wait for the 2024 refresh but by then it’ll be $90k. Might just have to stick with the 21’ Tahoe and buy a roof rack carrier. Thoughts? Frustrations? Lol

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize we are in a period where inflation is 6-8% per month? Those costs hit manufacturers too..if you wait, will cost more, guaranteed.

Unless we get to a spot where there are no sales and lots are filling up and GM has to put incentives out…the price will only go up. I picked up my 22 Yukon XL in Feb. Building the same truck now results in +$6200. Albeit there would be a few extra features like automatic park assist, and maybe super cruise…

Then there are interest rates, if you need financing…not getting less expensive to own one of these.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just checked the online builder against our 2023 Z71 built in August in bought the first week of September..

base price went from $63,500 to $64,300...so an $800 bump in a couple months...guess the first price increase of the 23MY

costs on the luxury package, buckets and freight charges stayed the same

but shouldn't the original order that was accepted, as long as it's Retail Sold (instead of retail stock) have price protection on it? If I was in the situation I'd go ahead and ask the dealer about it now vs waiting for when it comes in

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and yep - looks like the base price of a 4wd high country went from 76,100 to 77,400...so there's your $1300 price increase.

I think the only thing I'd change in your original post is that it won't be the 2024s that cost $90k with your current build, it'll be the the 2023s in 6-9 months

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do realize we are in a period where inflation is 6-8% per month? Those costs hit manufacturers too..if you wait, will cost more, guaranteed.

Unless we get to a spot where there are no sales and lots are filling up and GM has to put incentives out…the price will only go up. I picked up my 22 Yukon XL in Feb. Building the same truck now results in +$6200. Albeit there would be a few extra features like automatic park assist, and maybe super cruise…

Then there are interest rates, if you need financing…not getting less expensive to own one of these.
Yes I realize the cost to build the cars is going up along with everything else, and the fuel to transport them. I’m Just venting that they already raised prices for the 2023’s and within a couple months of being out they raised them again by $1000+. And they will go up again before the end of the year with the fed raising rates again yesterday. I most likely will just cancel my order and save my money for the incoming recession.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but shouldn't the original order that was accepted, as long as it's Retail Sold (instead of retail stock) have price protection on it? If I was in the situation I'd go ahead and ask the dealer about it now vs waiting for when it comes in
This ^^^ No reason to cancel the order at this point. Unless you have a non-refundable deposit I'd just sit on it until the very end and you can always cancel later. Keep your options open IMO.

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inflation is 6%, not going up 6% monthly. last month it was up 0.4% if I recall. On a $75K vehicle, that would be a $300 increase.
I would argue it’s closer to 6% monthly not 6% overall lol. Just Groceries alone have gone up at a minimum 25% since covid started. My grandpa farms 2000 acres, fertilizers, lime, potash, have tripled in price for them. Ill
Give u example, they spread potash on the fields to increase nitrogen of soil helping crops grow, last year it cost them $15k, this year $42k! That’s almost triple! Sorry politics here, I’ll end my tiny rant

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other place where I see "secret price increases" is the lack of package discounts...
In 2022, the Denali Reserve package added the combo of Premium Capability Package, Advanced Tech Package, Power Running Boards, 22" Wheels, and A sunroof...and gave a $750 discount.
This package discount is not available.
So, on top of the price increases, the package discounts are gone...not sure on the Chevys, haven't done a build there to see if the package discounts are gone there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omne