More secret price increases?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price increases were bound to happen as manufacturers have been faced with:
Inflation
Higher interest rates
Supply chain issues
Lower production
Lower sales

It sucks but it’s the world we live in.

As other’s have said get agreement for price protection to protect yourself.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe if you have an order in even if it hasn't been accepted your signed order receipt will be what you pay. Now if there is trade involved trade in price can change.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe if you have an order in even if it hasn't been accepted your signed order receipt will be what you pay. Now if there is trade involved trade in price can change.
Maybe some dealers will do that but I doubt all of them will. The only way to ensure you get price protection is to have your order entered as "Retail Sold" and then the dealer has to do something at their end so you actually get the original price.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe some dealers will do that but I doubt all of them will. The only way to ensure you get price protection is to have your order entered as "Retail Sold" and then the dealer has to do something at their end so you actually get the original price.
I'm saying Gm knows if order is sold or dealer stock when order is placed now they can delete item from order but usually dealer is informed. I always had to place down payment which was on order that was signed by buyer and dealer. But like you say things can change.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm saying Gm knows if order is sold or dealer stock when order is placed now they can delete item from order but usually dealer is informed. I always had to place down payment which was on order that was signed by buyer and dealer. But like you say things can change.
Yes GM knows whether the order is retail sold or retail stock and so does the dealer. But does the customer? I would suspect most customers don't even bother to ask unless they read this forum. ;)

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just me but if I give them money for ordered vehicle, I'm get copy of order and receipt for cash.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My words were "Inflation is 6%-8% per month," which is what it is...see here (excrepted below)
View attachment 381122

Not to stray off topic here but these percentages are annualized. Inflation is always expressed “over the last 12 months”. So 8.36% on August 31 is not that prices went up by 8.36% in August, but went up by that much compared to August one year before.

Wether you agree how it’s being calculated, just know that on a macro scale it will never be an accurate representation of everyone’s individual situation but at least it’s a baseline we can measure and compare over periods of time.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so on the high country...$1k is considered to be a standalone price increase and the other $300 is for the "remote access plan" which i guess isn't full blown onstar and wifi like on the GMCs

OP
OP
Banks22

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so on the high country...$1k is considered to be a standalone price increase and the other $300 is for the "remote access plan" which i guess isn't full blown onstar and wifi like on the GMCs
I think it’s bullsh*t that if GM is gona make u pay a one time fee for wifi, Onstar, apps, it should be for the lifetime of the vehicle not 3 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes