Misc psrts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raymondo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What source does everyone use for parts etc.
1999 Tahoe
ROCK AUTO
LMC
OR OTHERS?
Thx

OP
OP
R

Raymondo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where do you guys prefer to get parts from?
Rock Auto, LMC, or other supplier? Thx

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Rock Auto, Amazon, EBay or Summit. I will use the online GM dealers like gmpartsgiant or gmpartsdirect to look up part numbers and then shop around. One thing to note is if you buy om Amazon, be sure to only buy GM or AC Delco parts from Amazon themselves and not a third-party seller on Amazon as some of these are selling counterfeit parts.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please don't start 2 threads on the same subject here so the forum doesn't get all clogged up with garbage. See your other post for my suggestion.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I go to Rock Auto. Second GM Parts Warehouse. Third Ebay. In a hurry Advance Auto Parts/Oreillys locally.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to call the GM parts desk, give them my VIN number, fall off my chair when they give me the OEM list price, then politely ask for the GM part number and search online. That way I know that the part number I am searching will be the specific fit for my model of truck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to call the GM parts desk, give them my VIN number, fall off my chair when they give me the OEM list price, then politely ask for the GM part number and search online. That way I know that the part number I am searching will be the specific fit for my model of truck.
You can do the same on some of the online GM parts sites like www.gmpartsgiant.com too. Enter your VIN and look up your parts. Every time I’ve ever called my dealership it’s a wait on hold and then they’re rude when they finally do answer.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Plus, they may also give you a part # one digit off to mess with you for not buying from them. I talked to parts guys all the time at dealers when I ran shops and they told me they would do that. Since so many sites can be used to enter the VIN and look up your parts, like @Rocket Man said, they may not do that any more though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd