Mirror puddle lights not working???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
So for the last 8 months I have had led lights to swtich out the puddle lights under the mirror, however I have been noticing that I never see them turn on. And the more I think about it, I cant ever remeber seeing them work. Is there a fuse for those? Or it be burned out bulbs I guess too?
When are those lights supposed to come on?

Last edited:

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will only see them on when you unlock your car and its dark out, or where the car senses it needs light like a parking garage. The headlights, reverse lights and puddle lights will come on. I doubt that there is a fuse for just those two lights but i could be wrong. Also with LEDs they need to be put in a certain way. Only two ways a bulb can be inserted, so take them out and flip over, see if that works.

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Thanks man. I have not put them in yet. I am pretty sure those damn lights have never worked though.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed my lights they didnt work after I flipped them too. My problem was that they where lose. Tap on the bulb to see if it comes on. You can see if there is a fuse for the lights on the lid of the fuse box.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
make sure that your approach lighting is turned on, its on you DIC

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I have'nt even changed them yet. But I have checked to make sure, I am positive those fu*kers have never worked. I have made that mistake though before when installing LED's. I called the place I bought them and biched them out. Only to realize there is a pos/neg side. LOL

Has anyone else had that problem with the OEM lights never working? I pulled the lense off and looked at the OEM bulb and the buld looked brand new.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

My DIC huh??? Am I totally missing a joke?

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have'nt even changed them yet. But I have checked to make sure, I am positive those fu*kers have never worked. I have made that mistake though before when installing LED's. I called the place I bought them and biched them out. Only to realize there is a pos/neg side. LOL

Has anyone else had that problem with the OEM lights never working? I pulled the lense off and looked at the OEM bulb and the buld looked brand new.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

My DIC huh??? Am I totally missing a joke?

Oh gotcha, i misread that and thought you already installed them! haha my bad, but keep the +/- in mind when installing them!

No he is not joking. :gayflag: The DIC (Driver Information Center) can change different custom options like the approach lighting for example. Lets ask you this: when you unlock your car at night with the FOB do the headlights come on? Im pretty sure thats part of the approach lighting and if not then you need to go through the DIC and change that. Use the buttons to the right of the instrument pannel

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

the original post did sound funny!

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been messing w/ my puddle lights for months. i was going to try to use these resistors:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062291

but not quite sure if they'd fix my issue, plus the wiring from the led lights aren't quite long enough.

my led's still flash on unlock but will not stay on constant during 'exit' lighting. the rest of my lights stay on, just not the puddle lights.

OP
OP
Conor

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
My LED puddle lights work grear w/o resistors. You should be able to change the settings on you DIC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE