Mind of it's own...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racertrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I've been searching for a solution to the problems I have with the electronics on my '16 Tahoe. Early on in ownership I loved the CarPlay connection, but over time the whole electronics system gets wonky. I use an Apple cable to connect my iPhone12 to the vehicle using the usb ports in the center console. iPhone charges, but CarPlay doesn't connect. I'll unplug the phone and reconnect, which sometimes works, but not often. I wonder if there isn't a way to reboot the vehicle's system by holding certain buttons down (versus turning the phone off/on-cumbersome while driving). Also, the screen will randomly change to different displays (radio to analog clock; home screen to list of stations; info to audio on the Driver's Information Cluster, etc. I assume it's just crappy tech, but am open for suggestions. Frankly I'd like to replace the unit with a good aftermarket for reliabilities sake (suggestions?). Nice while it's working correctly, but otherwise a PITA. Thanks

markni12301

Reaction score
Agree with Dana, but also make absolutely certain it is not simply the USB cable that is the culprit. Sometimes they just become temperamental over time.

OP
OP
racertrader

racertrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
apologies for the delay in responding...how does one check the grounds on a sealed unit? Do the USB ports just pry out? thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess is poor cable connection, try using a usb wireless adapter that may resolve most of your issue's

KevenE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having very similar issues with my 2017 Tahoe infotainment system both with and without plugging in a phone with a USB cable and using CarPlay. System randomly jumps between apps, shudders between screens even when using no features, and will even spontaneously turn on. So, I doubt it’s the USB cable. I am going to take it in to a dealer - crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts