Mind of it's own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigb_99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was running down the street to drop some rims off and quickly shut the rear door. When I got in the DIC noted that it was not shut. It was latched but not fully. I was going 3 blocks under 35MPH so didn't think twice. during the trip the truck completely shut off twice. I was able to put it in neutral while it was rolling and start it back up, but when I stopped and turned the truck off it would not restart. The DIC was showing 'service power steering'. After I unloaded the wheels in the back, I shut the gate hard and attempted to restart, and nothing. I always keep my scanner in the truck and cleared all the codes. Fired right up and has been driving fine for over 50+ miles. I will chalk this up to the hybrid being quirky with the rear hatch not shut properly.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
battery cable wire issue Clean the terminals good (i mean all of them including the ones under the AUX fuse box )they have metal brushes at the auto stores

MAKE SURE THE 12V BATTERY is completely disconnected before messing with the wires under the AUX fuse box

also make sure it seated all the way down correctly the post of the battery should be above the connector see photo (this goes for all vehicles )

if it's sitting flush with the post it's not correctly installed...

should be seeing 14.7 volts when it's charging when first starting the engine 13.5v-14.3 ish floating depending on electrical load

also have the 12V battery load tested ....

20211224_115621.jpg

Last edited: