Miles per gallon (wtf?!?!?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get about 13 I'm city and about 16-17 hwy

OP
OP
U

Ultim8SVT

Reaction score
Well, I've never looked to find out if I have the 4.8 or the 5.3. I've always assumed it's the 5.3 liter. It looks to be a 20 gallon gas tank. I haven't driven her on the highway since I bought her. Strictly city. I don't beat on the truck either. Granted. It's not on "E" yet. She's right between 1/4 & empty but still insanely low. I've barely driven the truck!!! If it's a 4.8 I'm going to shoot myself. IMO the 4.8 shouldn't even exist on these SUV's. Way too small for the weight of this truck.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something is wrong if your mpgs are that low under normal driving.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when is the last time you did a proper tune up? also try getting gas from a different gas station , I went on two tanks one time from the same gas station and I got 230 to a tank , once I switched back I got the normal 280-290

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is obviously something wrong but the size and weight of your wheels and tires is not helping either.

OP
OP
U

Ultim8SVT

Reaction score
when is the last time you did a proper tune up? also try getting gas from a different gas station , I went on two tanks one time from the same gas station and I got 230 to a tank , once I switched back I got the normal 280-290

I thought about that as well but it couldn't be that bad. Regardless I'm definitely going to try another fuel station.

There is obviously something wrong but the size and weight of your wheels and tires is not helping either.

Agreed 100%. One of the reasons I'm dieing to get rid of these wheels/tires.

just a wild guess/ could anyone be stealing your gas? I heard people still do that

I've got a CCTV system @ home & my house is fully gated. Plus if I recall correctly, after 1995 all cars came with that mesh integrated in the fuel neck to prevent any siphoning from happening. The only other thing that comes to mind is a fuel leak but you guys know raw fuel can be smelled 10 ft from a car when it's leaking.

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've never looked to find out if I have the 4.8 or the 5.3. I've always assumed it's the 5.3 liter. It looks to be a 20 gallon gas tank. I haven't driven her on the highway since I bought her. Strictly city. I don't beat on the truck either. Granted. It's not on "E" yet. She's right between 1/4 & empty but still insanely low. I've barely driven the truck!!! If it's a 4.8 I'm going to shoot myself. IMO the 4.8 shouldn't even exist on these SUV's. Way too small for the weight of this truck.

It is probably the 26 gallon tank, it takes about 20 to fill from the empty line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 21 on the highway and the 16ish in the city. I also get 14ish towing the fishing boat on a 100 mile round trip.
***DISCLAIMER*** vehicle is tuned in person from Blackbear

Edited for JW ;)

Last edited: