Memory Seats: Can I upgrade to them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 2015 Yukon SLE a week ago or so. This is going to be a family wagon, so I went the cheap route and got the SLE package to save myself what I figured to be around $10,000.

One feature that I wish I had is the memory seats. Me and my wife will be driving the car almost equally and I would love to be able to have it saved and just press the button. Has anyone bought the necessary electronics and installed it?

Is this even possible? Would it cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks guys for any and all input!

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to discourage you from trying to do it, but my understanding is that most things on the truck are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module.) I've heard that some things can be "added" via software if you install the hardware, and other things need the BCM swapped, and that some combinations of options aren't possible because the BCM expects certain configurations (ie foglights with memory seats). Don't take this as canon, it's just what I've seen and heard.

OP
OP
L

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @techbrute. Not the end of the world. I was a little afraid of that. Still happy that I went with the lower package and will just adjust the seat when I get my big ass in. I will be going to the dealership in the next week or so and will ask them a little about it too. It's really not worth all that much to me, so all in all I'm ok with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65