Memory driver seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Recently I'm having a fun time trying to figure out my memory seats. My wife drove the suburban and she is 5 foot. Now when I unlock the doors the seat moves forward for her. I've set my seat for number 1 held the button till the beep. That's fine when I press it it goes to my position. But if I lock the door and unlock it it goes to my wifes seating position.

sent from my thunderbolt

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are using your wife's key fob to unlock the door. The memorized adjustments for seats, side mirrors, & pedals are stored for each driver and are recalled by the buttons on the driver's door panel or the key fobs. The vehicle comes with two key fobs numbered 1 & 2 on the back. Key fob #1 recalls the settings stored for Driver #1 and Key fob #2 recalls the settings for Driver #2. You just need to use the correct key fob for your Driver settings.

Nuttzzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think there is also a setting in the functions menu on the dash to set it to button only.. along with your reverse mirrors and exit lighting and such.

OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx we only have one fob. She borrowed my key as we only have one. And its driving me crazy because she is 5'02

sent from my thunderbolt

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol: Jim is right :) what you could do is press the "1" prior to getting in each time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayden0529