Meet Moby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Not a whole lot has happened. But it has been a while since I updated anything. And Since I am recovering from a near fatal concussion that required emergency surgery...

Since I spend so much time on the side of the road picking up cars, I needed some lighting. For about $25 at Ollie's I found some. A bit of wiring and it was done.
IT worked great until it didn't. A wire rubbed on something and shorted out while I was towing a friends Furd. I snatched the panel off and jerked out the wires.
View attachment 206033
It was a better outcome than burning the truck down. I thought the guy was going to have a stroke though. I didn't even get the truck completely stopped before I had it snatched apart.

And since I tow 95% of the time, I needed better mirrors.
35383737_10156725818469739_7294775375551266816_n.jpg
35306008_10156725871169739_7957868328339374080_n.jpg

They are off of a 2000 model. I had them on another truck and I like them. This set has the spot mirror built in the passengers side as well, much better than a stick on. The fit isn't perfect, but this is a work truck, not a show pony.

For some odd reason the transmission pan has loosened up every 3000 miles or so. The first time I thought the PO had just not tightened it up. About 3000 later it did it again. We tightened it up on the side of the highway and went on. Then 3000 later it did it again. So we pulled the pan, changed the filter, and used silicone to put it back on. Hopefully it will stay. It hasn't gotten much road time because I went in the hospital about 4 days later.

As for my head. I hit it pretty hard 3 times in one week. The first one was bad enough to cause a concussion and make me unsteady. The second and third nearly did me in. On August 10 ( My birthday of all days) I was so dizzy I could barely stand, I was puking all over the place. I came in and took a shower because I was nasty (good thing too, it was 4 days later before I was allowed to shower again). When I got out I could not figure out how to put on my underwear. When I got to the ER they didn't even check me in, I was put in a wheel chair and taken straight back to a room and 20 minutes later I was in the cat scan. From there I was stuffed in an ambulance and taken to Charlotte. They stabilized me over night and then I had surgery early the next morning. I am down for 3 more weeks minimum. I do get my staples out Monday.

Wow. Glad you're OK. Does NOT sound fun. Take it easy for a bit, will ya?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas