Mbrp exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been lookin at the mbrp cat back exhaust for my 09 Tahoe. Anybody had any experience with this exhaust. Found it online new for 350 bux. It's almost worth a shot just for the price but I figured I would try to get some feedback on it or any other cat back system. Lookin for something with a nice deep sound but not so loud to wake up the neighborhood and any power or mpg gains would be a plus

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think a few are running one on here. Have heard good things about them, and am considering getting one for our Silverado.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great feedback from the diesel crowd on MBRP stuff, a few friends of mine with 2500's run them. No help for you as to sound, but quality is pretty good.

You won't see much of a gain from exhaust mods on these trucks until you get some longtubes. There really isn't any restriction in the stock piping until you get up into the manifolds. It's all about sound and looks up until that point.

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Fuzz said with exhaust you won't net any gains other than, maybe a little sound.
With longtubes/headers you will gain a little in power, none of these will give you much if any gains in mileage.

If your thinking about doing exhaust and/or intake and EFI consider doing the EFI last.
With can/generic tuners it does not matter, where EFI is custom tuning for your engine.
If you do EFI first then make exhaust/intake changes later you should contact your tuner so they can adjust for the changes.
Exhaust probably won't be much if any change in tuning, but the intake will.
It might not be a lot, the engine will still be custom tuned but not for the positive changes.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
do yourself a favor save the money and get a maganflow 5x8x18 3 inch in/out and call it good.

Nick01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently put the mbrp installer series on my 03, I got it for like 250 buck with free shipping from summit cause I had a gift card and thought what the hell. I am impressed by the sound, has a nice little burble at idle and sounds good when you put your foot in it too. I did this and the air raid jr tube along with the air box mod and I noticed a very small increase in power. Overall I'm happy, it's loud without being too loud and has a good tone, can't lose for the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo