Mayflies.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 bucket wash method with warm filtered water, fresh high end (~ 10 per vehicle) microfiber cloths that are retired after ~20 washes and special waffle weave drying cloths used in conjunction with a drying aid...

And then you do a full exterior detail?

Color me impressed. You are the exception.

haha well maybe not that fancy

OP
OP
EyeDreamt

EyeDreamt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I confirmed through Jack Cooper it is indeed on a transport that is en route. Depending on stops the truck takes it's a 10 hour drive, so it should arrive early AM. Dealer said they would call me as soon as it arrives before touching it... The truck will be going to a local detail shop for a full paint correction and ceramic coating as well as PPF for the front end anyway so I'm not incredibly concerned. Even if it was "factory perfect" my detailer would still spend an entire day making actually perfect before applying the ceramic and PPF.

I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions, I'm new to this community but its already seeming like one I will enjoy being a part of.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! that ceramic is decent and time consuming haha. cooper also delivers them to us.

Cleaning up a 21 burb at the moment this is how they come in. Ive already taken all the plastic off the rest of the seats. They come in soo dirty this one isnt too bad.

image.jpg image.jpg 988C9F05-96CC-486A-9715-7F27471EF6A3.jpeg image.jpg

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! that ceramic is decent and time consuming haha. cooper also delivers them to us.

Cleaning up a 21 burb at the moment this is how they come in. Ive already taken all the plastic off the rest of the seats. They come in soo dirty this one isnt too bad.

View attachment 257796 View attachment 257797 View attachment 257794 View attachment 257795
Wow that’s incredible. I’ve always had my vehicles delivered to me unwashed/detailed but they must clean the interior because they are never that dirty. Kinda incredible. Makes sense as they are coming from a factory but jeez...kinda crappy they make the dealer do the job of cleaning them up and making them presentable...

OP
OP
EyeDreamt

EyeDreamt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow that’s incredible. I’ve always had my vehicles delivered to me unwashed/detailed but they must clean the interior because they are never that dirty. Kinda incredible. Makes sense as they are coming from a factory but jeez...kinda crappy they make the dealer do the job of cleaning them up and making them presentable...

Yeah, that seems very dirty. I was there for the delivery of my Focus RS as it was driven off the truck... we didn't even have the dealer take off the white plastic and the interior was still immaculate. And that made it's way from Germany on a boat, to a railcar from the east coast to Wentzville, MO, and then a truck 20 miles down the road. Almost seems like GM is storing these with the windows down or something.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that gm black paint since tje ‘14s came out has gone down hill. Its so soft it basically scratches just looking at it. Haha

OP
OP
EyeDreamt

EyeDreamt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As luck would have it, I was driving home a little after 5pm today and passed the truck with my Tahoe headed to the dealership, so I turned around and met it at the dealer to watch the Tahoe get unloaded. Drok's pictures are maybe a bit cleaner than mine is... it's filthy. The dealer is getting it in first thing to do their PDI and clean it up and I should have it by noon.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were you able to give it a quick once over?
like under hood & around door frame?

easiest spots to see/feel if other work done

05RubiconLJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad to hear your Tahoe got there safe and sound...finally. Love to hear how you like it. I have all three local dealers set to alert me when the AT4's come in. I drove and SLT the other day to get a feel for it. It was a bit floaty on the highway, but otherwise I liked it.

In terms of dealership cleanup, in my younger days I detailed at a dealership in Atlanta and we never 'assembly line' washed. Each car got fresh water, rags, pads, the whole 9. I am sure there are outliers, but for the most part, I think most dealers do it right.