Major issues 2007 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wardo

Reaction score
The driver seat belt has been getting stuck, it’s random not every time. Cannot pull it down to buckle. It’s not like I am jerking it, just normal use. Not safe.

Looks like there are some water stains above the middle seat passenger side in the headliner. Leak? It hardly rains here, the water would have been from me washing it.

This stuff seems like it should be covered no questions asked? It’s out of warranty. I have not contacted the dealer yet.

Can post pictures of the water later.

Any suggestions would be helpful

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wardo,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Tahoe vehicle. I recommend consulting with your dealer for additional assistance. Their technicians will be able to offer an official diagnosis after an inspection.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

KCFLHTK

Reaction score
My 07 was leaking water in the rear and the head liner was getting wet. There is a wiring harness that connects from the rear gate to the roof and it has a rubber boot. My rubber boot was not seated properly and was causing this. I also put some silicone around it and it has been fine ever since. Maybe a little WD-40 on the seat belt. It's 5 years old at least, it's gonna need some maintenance.

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
driver seat belt is not really an issue, thats just the lock being sensitive...when this happens, simply reach above your left shoulder and slide the seat belt height adjuster up and down one time (like down a click then back to where you like it), it will release the tensioner immediately.

some cars have sensitve tensioners, some dont.

OP
OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
I went to the dealer. They said the seat belt is not covered. Nor is there any tsb recalls for the leak. Without actually diagnosing the truck, they estimated 600 bucks.
I lol.
Will be taking off the roof rack tonight, hopefully I can find the leak.
Seat belt is not so much a issue, but bugging the wife

tap a talka thingy

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

My 07 was leaking water in the rear and the head liner was getting wet. There is a wiring harness that connects from the rear gate to the roof and it has a rubber boot. My rubber boot was not seated properly and was causing this. I also put some silicone around it and it has been fine ever since. Maybe a little WD-40 on the seat belt. It's 5 years old at least, it's gonna need some maintenance.

Was this located where the tailgate hinges are?
Thank you

tap a talka thingy

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
did you completely ignore my post that tells you its not a problem and easy to unlock when it happens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rarelyseen