Maintaining RSE with Aftermarket Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 Tahoe Z71 with Bose and Onstar and rear overhead dvd that I just installed an Alpine iLX-207 stereo. It has dual zone entertainment. I’m trying to switch the RSE to play the audio of a DVD playing in the rear overhead DVD player but it’s stuck on “RADIO” for the RSE controls. When I swap back to the stock radio I can change it to DVD but with the Alpine it stays stuck on RADIO. I have the proper PAC RP5-GM11 wiring harness adapter with steering wheel controls and my steering controls work. How does everyone else get the RSE to work with an aftermarket stereo?

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to Crutchfield tech support and apparently the Alpine iLX-207 is only dual zone capable when it has the input coming in from the HDMI in.

So I guess my question now is, either how does everyone else get it to work or how can I convert the connections of the factory dvd player to and HDMI cable that I can input through the HDMI in port?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talked to Crutchfield tech support and apparently the Alpine iLX-207 is only dual zone capable when it has the input coming in from the HDMI in.

So I guess my question now is, either how does everyone else get it to work or how can I convert the connections of the factory dvd player to and HDMI cable that I can input through the HDMI in port?
what are the current connections from the factory dvd? if it is simply composite you can convert almost any video to another type connector with just adapters, the linked adapter below would just likely work
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-to-HDM...613053835?epid=4018151651&hash=item3d608ffb8b

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the current connections from the factory dvd? if it is simply composite you can convert almost any video to another type connector with just adapters, the linked adapter below would just likely work
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-to-HDM...613053835?epid=4018151651&hash=item3d608ffb8b

I do have the components to connect to. So if I convert the component connection from the dvd player to HDMI and put that into the HDMI input on the alpine unit I should be able to get the dual zone control?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have the components to connect to. So if I convert the component connection from the dvd player to HDMI and put that into the HDMI input on the alpine unit I should be able to get the dual zone control?
if that's what the deck needs to do it then yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan