Magnetic Ride Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know, I've been asking a lot about Platinum stuff lately...but I was wondering if it's possible to put the magnetic ride control out of an Escalade Platinum into my mom's non-Platinum model. What all parts make up the MRC? This probably a crazy idea but, it's worth a shot.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even want to know how complicated that will be. I wish you/your mom luck

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha, I don't REALLY think it's possible, but I'd like to know more about it.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think it would be possible. I have not ridden in one that has it but I cant imagine it makes that big of a difference over autoride to be worth the extra cost.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ride between the regular autoride and the mag is day and night. Is it worth it? If you can afford it, yes. To convert over, I'm sure with enough $$$ it is possible. That system interfaces with a lot of sensors to instantly adjust the ride. You will need to figure out where it is being controlled - BCM/PCM.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, see the sensor thing is what gets me. I would have to locate all these sensors and install them and what not. I wonder if it's less expensive than trading for a Platinum itself, which would be a LOT easier than installing it.

If I can just find out what type of parts are being controlled by the BCM/PCM that involve the MRC, I could give my dealer a VIN for a Platinum and they'll give me a list of part numbers. It might be an expensive install, but it could be worth it and possibly cheaper than buying a Platinum, used or new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derekrcannon