Magnetic Ride Control w/ Sumo Springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crownwire71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I just sold my 17 Z71 5.3 Tahoe for a 20 6.2 RST Suburban. I tow a travel trailer, and I used sumo springs with my tahoe. I was really happy with their performance with both sway control and squat.

Can I use sumo springs with the magnetic ride control suspension In the suburban?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what sumo springs are, but does your rst have air ride in the rear?

robswiat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can use SumoSprings with MRC. SumoSprings are really the bumpstop. There is a metal receiver cup that the OEM and the SumoSpring presses into this cup. The cup has gease from the manufactures installation. The grease + dirt hardened creating an obstruction to the SumoSprings. I used a $2.00 can of degeaser from Walmart and cleaned the cup. The last key to being successful is using soapy water (dish soap) on the SumoSpring and the receiver cup. Lay on your back and press the SumoSpring with your palm with small wiggle motions. It will eventually pop in. The soapy water will evaporate creating a very tight fit. Keep the old bumpstops just in case.