Magnetic Ride Control too sensitive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncophil

Reaction score
i've watched many youtube videos and browsed many threads regarding this.

it seems that many think the regular suspension is better than magnetic.. the magnetic is getting complaints that its too sensitive to rocks and tiny bumps in the road.

any input?

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Denali with it and I love it. I bought mine in Jersey, 2.5 hours away so I drove down in my 2010 Tahoe and back in this. Couldn't believe how smooth this ride is. Then we took the Denali to Florida , did it with Tahoe two years ago, for two weeks packed to the gills with family and a hitch carrier, great ride. It's a beautiful ride in my opinion. Reminds me of my days driving BMW's, there firm but smooth as well.

Seperately, my Tahoe always felt right on the border of underpowered. This does not. I hate when you go to pass a guy that's doing 58 in a 65 and he decides to run you up to 85. With the Tahoe I'd put him away but it was working hard, this Denali just waves **** off.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ride is smooth.... although, it does feel a bit "sportier" than the regular suspension.

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seperately, my Tahoe always felt right on the border of underpowered. This does not. I hate when you go to pass a guy that's doing 58 in a 65 and he decides to run you up to 85. With the Tahoe I'd put him away but it was working hard, this Denali just waves **** off.

haha that's hilarious and awesome at the same time! 6.2 is bad ass.

coffeyman76

Reaction score
In all honestly mine is one of the stiffest and unforgiving vehicles I have ever been in. Fiance can't put makeup on in motion without putting an eye out, I can barely drink a drink unless you are on a newer road. Any sort of potholes are jarring and unforgiving. Any loose keys or stuff rattle around meaning everything has to be put in the center console. I can watch my rear seats vibrate and shake in the mirror going down the road.

Not sure if this is the suspension or a combination of that and the tires/wheels I have but as far as ride quality goes I miss my mushy Tahoe for sure. I am going to pull these tires off soon and take the loss and see if it helps. Go on many a interstate trip with concrete paving and it is not a comfortable journey.

It is the one thing on my vehicle I am not pleased with and would give a C- to D+ only because it is sporty handling wise but ride quality is a complete F in my book given the price of the vehicle and supposed ride control.

73Vetteman

Reaction score
In all honestly mine is one of the stiffest and unforgiving vehicles I have ever been in. Fiance can't put makeup on in motion without putting an eye out, I can barely drink a drink unless you are on a newer road. Any sort of potholes are jarring and unforgiving. Any loose keys or stuff rattle around meaning everything has to be put in the center console. I can watch my rear seats vibrate and shake in the mirror going down the road.

Not sure if this is the suspension or a combination of that and the tires/wheels I have but as far as ride quality goes I miss my mushy Tahoe for sure. I am going to pull these tires off soon and take the loss and see if it helps. Go on many a interstate trip with concrete paving and it is not a comfortable journey.

It is the one thing on my vehicle I am not pleased with and would give a C- to D+ only because it is sporty handling wise but ride quality is a complete F in my book given the price of the vehicle and supposed ride control.

Don't blame the electro-magnetic shock system for the poor ride you have. I have no doubt that the rough ride is due to your stiffer lowering springs. Spring rates are the biggest contributor to ride quality. A sporty ride is directly opposed to a soft ride. Didn't your Denali ride much better before the lowering springs were installed? It makes sense that most - if not all - lowering springs are stiffer. Your vehicle has less spring movement when lowered so stiffer springs are used to prevent bottoming out.

Tire balance or out of round wheels is causing your shake problem. Lower profile tires do have some effect on ride due to reduced sidewall dimension to absorb bumps but the effect is not very noticeable to most.

You might try calling the companies that offer lowering kits to see if any offer springs that don't affect the ride so adversely.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand they have a replacement shock for the earlier models due to complaints of harsh ride with the magnetic ride suspension. Might be worth checking out.

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't blame the electro-magnetic shock system for the poor ride you have. I have no doubt that the rough ride is due to your stiffer lowering springs. Spring rates are the biggest contributor to ride quality. A sporty ride is directly opposed to a soft ride. Didn't your Denali ride much better before the lowering springs were installed? It makes sense that most - if not all - lowering springs are stiffer. Your vehicle has less spring movement when lowered so stiffer springs are used to prevent bottoming out.

Tire balance or out of round wheels is causing your shake problem. Lower profile tires do have some effect on ride due to reduced sidewall dimension to absorb bumps but the effect is not very noticeable to most.

You might try calling the companies that offer lowering kits to see if any offer springs that don't affect the ride so adversely.

I believe he has a front LIFT and maybe a rear 1" LIFT. I personally have a belltech level LOWERING kit and I actually feel that the ride is softer than before! I see what your logics would be that the ride would need to be stiffer to prevent "bottoming out"...but my belltech springs actually seem really soft. I always thought that the softer the better, but it can feel a little spongy and reacts a little much to small bumps and such (in a soft way, not harsh).

I have seen some threads on here about the stock police vehicle springs that are made shorter by GM and am intrigued by GM made springs that I would assume ride like the factory coils. Has anyone had any experience with putting those police vehicle coils on a 2015 Tahoe/Yukon with autoride?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
POLICE coils will only do 1 inch drop on autoride

showtime1k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. So what about the ltzs. I drove one for a test drive those have the auto ride to but didn't notice the harsh ride

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE