Magneride Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a set of (2) OEM Magnerides May 2022 for my '15 LTZ. Had them installed June '22. Been hearing the DS front shock creak and sqeak again for the past 3-4 months now.

Lifted the boot tonight and the top of the shock is covered in grease (again). I haven't even put 8,000 miles on these replacements.

Extremely disappointed, whats others experiences been? Should I even try to get GM warranty on the units or is that a waste of time?

OP
OP
J

jm98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will try it and report back. Just checked the invoice from when they were installed and its been just over 7k miles. Sad.

OP
OP
J

jm98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update.

Just got off the phone with AC Delco. Larry there informed me that gmpartsonline.net is not a recognized retailer of AC Delco parts, despite what it says on their website.

He said that they are a 3rd party distributor and the warranty process has to begin with them. I reached out to gmpartsonline yesterday and its crickets. Tried to login, no luck. Tried to reset my password, no luck.

I literally am using the email I had the order confirmation sent to me on less then 8 months ago, so I know that is not the issue.

So, potential reader/buyer beware : CALL AC DELCO TO SEE WHO IS AN APPROVED VENDOR.

I am not the type of guy to needlessly throw a vendor under the bus but GMPartsOnline has left an extremally bad taste in my mouth. I should have taken a few more moments before ordering to read the horrible reviews about their service.