Mad at my denali today (lift gate)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outsidemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I figured our why my rear gate has been intermittently not working. They seriously self disable in the cold? its colder than -15 half the year around here. will work fine when I open my garage, id go grab groceries or something and it would stop working. only to work again the next morning after being parked in my garage. (heated garage)
I have to push the door button and pull at just the right time to get it open.

when I first got the yukon i discovered the rear lift gate disable switch only after spending 4 hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't open.
one of my kids was playing with the console switches and toggled it (i didnt know it was there)

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The cold weather would also affect the hydraulic action in the lift cylinders. Replace them as a simple maintenance service and see if your troubles go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, as far as i know, they do nit self disable. As mentioned, youve got lift struts going bad.