M.A.F PROBLEMS & TRANSMISION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panchosancho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2001 Tahoe 4x4 271 5.3 . Just installed rebuilt 4l60e with upgrades . M.A.F low voltage dtc keeps popping up put a new sensor and connector still same problem . My truck shifts perfect with the maf disconnected. Plug it in and runs like crap . Off timing and shifts are all over the place . Now maf are silent killers of tranny's . Don't want to go thru anouther rebuild .I heard of a maf module any body out there know where this is located if it excists . Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2001 Tahoe 4x4 271 5.3 . Just installed rebuilt 4l60e with upgrades . M.A.F low voltage dtc keeps popping up put a new sensor and connector still same problem . My truck shifts perfect with the maf disconnected. Plug it in and runs like crap . Off timing and shifts are all over the place . Now maf are silent killers of tranny's . Don't want to go thru anouther rebuild .I heard of a maf module any body out there know where this is located if it excists . Thanks
no module, must have a short somewhere, you will need a deeper diagnostic or start troubleshooting the harness, things like this are sometimes worth the price to have the dealer do a 1 or 2 hour diagnostic a good tech can put a scope on it and find it. either that or the new maf is no good, oem is the way to go even if it's used.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second the OEM statement. I once bought an off the shelf off brand from Oreilly and had issues. Ordered an OEM one and no more problems.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
delco maf only for sure. but also check the under hood fuse box, check all them fuses marked IGN. one of them is the maf fuse.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd check the wiring you likely had to disturb to remove/install the transmission. That seems to be the only change you have made. I bet there is a bad connection caused by that. Unless you are really unlucky, and you had a serendipitous failure around the time you did transmission work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts