LS 6.0 swap happening!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much power are you running with the Trucker cam? I was looking at a couple on there, like that one and the Ultra Torque
I'm not sure, the only AWD dyno around here is 2 months wait. I have blown the trans and had one built to handle 800 HP. Just got it installed and broke a u-joint strap which did some damage due to the front driveshaft flopping around.

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, the only AWD dyno around here is 2 months wait. I have blown the trans and had one built to handle 800 HP. Just got it installed and broke a u-joint strap which did some damage due to the front driveshaft flopping around.

Oh damn, it's always one thing after another when you start dropping in more power haha. I had a 99 Cummins with 638HP to the wheels. Ended up shooting a carrier bolt out the rear diff cover that left a huge hole! Didn't even know til some guy pulled alongside me on the highway and said I was leaking rear diff fluid. When I pulled that thing off, chewed up bolts were falling out left and right. The only thing still allowing me to drive was ONE loose carrier bolt hahaha.

Back on track here... do you think the dual valve springs are worth the upgrade, or are your typical 110-130 lbs springs adequate?

OP
OP
bigfootchiro

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at your build thread and saw WA plates! Are you in Oregon or WA? I was born and raised in Port Townsend/Port Ludlow, went to Cali for 4 years for graduate school, and have been in FL for just over 2 years now. I'll be back in WA for 2 weeks in December!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh damn, it's always one thing after another when you start dropping in more power haha. I had a 99 Cummins with 638HP to the wheels. Ended up shooting a carrier bolt out the rear diff cover that left a huge hole! Didn't even know til some guy pulled alongside me on the highway and said I was leaking rear diff fluid. When I pulled that thing off, chewed up bolts were falling out left and right. The only thing still allowing me to drive was ONE loose carrier bolt hahaha.

Back on track here... do you think the dual valve springs are worth the upgrade, or are your typical 110-130 lbs springs adequate?
It depends on your cam. Your cam grinder should let you know. The Vinci Trucker cam requires them as well as hardened pushrods. Some of their other cams say " suggested". You should talk to your cam supplier and let them know what your goals are and they will come up with a complete package. If they can't then I wouldn't buy from them.

I was looking at your build thread and saw WA plates! Are you in Oregon or WA? I was born and raised in Port Townsend/Port Ludlow, went to Cali for 4 years for graduate school, and have been in FL for just over 2 years now. I'll be back in WA for 2 weeks in December!
I bought the truck across the Columbia River in Vancouver but I live in Portland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv

Latest posts