Lowered suburbans/xls hitch reciever vs ground

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NvrMnd85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i have lowered my suburban a little so far and noticed that the hitch reciever is gonna be close to the ground when I go lower. Of course on the burban with how long the overhang is from the rear axle is i wonder if its going to be much of an issue. Not going to keep me from going lower, just curious and find it amusing.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well your towing days are over but anything close to the ground will be s problem especially if it’s close without the shocks compressed.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an aftermarket hitch. Most bring the receiver up close to your bumper. If you are serious about towing you should be getting one anyways, low or not, because your hitch is limited to 5000lbs despite what your rig is rated at.

Etrailer has a nice curt class IV receiver package including a dual 7/4 pole connector socket that mounts to your bumper for right around the $200 mark. The receiver is rated well beyond your rigs towing capacity and it tucks closer to your bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

NvrMnd85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ill keep those in mind. But im not really olaplannon towing anything.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Tony’s lowering kit on mine and I’ve towed numerous times. Put in airlift helper springs. I’ve towed cars with the U-Haul trailer.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a 4" drop hitch and flip it upside down. Now instead of 4" or 5" you have 3" or 4" of lift. I've towed like that bagged, lowered, all types of suspension heights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan