Lower intake leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been gone for a while doing boat stuff just hauled out one boat cleaned sanded and painted the bottom every three years Was due start truck see a drip it’s anti freeze just did new spider,valve covers,intake gaskets and so on last February no leaks up until now drive one hour home no more leak Coming out of right rear corner as far as I could see was dripping really well when engine was cold anybody’s Input would be greatly appreciated new bolts were used when done last February

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I’ve been gone for a while doing boat stuff just hauled out one boat cleaned sanded and painted the bottom every three years Was due start truck see a drip it’s anti freeze just did new spider,valve covers,intake gaskets and so on last February no leaks up until now drive one hour home no more leak Coming out of right rear corner as far as I could see was dripping really well when engine was cold anybody’s Input would be greatly appreciated new bolts were used when done last February

Right rear? What's that mean? Passenger side? Back of the engine bay, or the rear of the truck? Do you have rear AC?

OP
OP
Kelsda

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right rear? What's that mean? Passenger side? Back of the engine bay, or the rear of the truck? Do you have rear AC?
Right rear of engine looks like corner of manifold that meet the valve cover Two inches away from distributor getting intermittent egr code 1406 wondering if antifreeze is getting to egr valve

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kelsda

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake gasket, when it engine heats up everything will expand and seal and contract and leak as it cools...
I get that but looking for why all of a sudden everything is 8 months old

OP
OP
Kelsda

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road salt?:D[/[/QUOTE
Out of a 10 this truck is an 8
this truck doesn’t go out in snow or salt
No snow or salt this year anyhow
and why would road salt ruin a gasket between two pieces of metal ? ? When I did new spider in February minimum pitting on either surface thanks
thanks

Last edited:

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake manifold gasket has a couple weak points in the corners. Mines pretty much always leaked some from the front and the back. The sealing tabs I posted above are actually listed in my owners manual. Stops the coolant in mine from reaching the floor, although it still weeps.

Seems like you will need to head back to the mechanic that did the work.

Here's pics of the front of mine from years back before I changed the water pump. It leaks where the intake manifold meets the head. I've not done mine because I have nowhere to do it. Every time I change a decent amount of coolant I put two tabs in before I take the truck on a run.

chevymanifoldleak.jpg chevymanifoldleak2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew