Low idle when put into park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bigbertha78

Bigbertha78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned out the MAF sensor finally and it was kinda dirty, replaced the air filter just Incase also. Worked for a few days and then of course back to the same issue again. Talked with the Chevrolet dealer here and he said try disconnecting the MAF sensor while the engine is running and if the RPM's rise then it's bad. Tried that and there was no change. Any thing else I could try, maybe a way to test the Throttle body?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if cleaning the maf sensor fixed the issue even temporarily then I would just replace it, even if unplugging it didn't change the rpm that really doesn't mean anything it could still be bad. the maf's can cause all kinds of issue's even transmission shifting problems

OP
OP
Bigbertha78

Bigbertha78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubeleive, do you think the catalytic converters could be bad or even the O2 sensors? If so how would I test them!

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O2 sensors rarely fail. Cats neither. Both are susceptible mostly to fouling. A cat can be tested with an IR gun. It should be significantly hotter at the discharge end.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubeleive, do you think the catalytic converters could be bad or even the O2 sensors? If so how would I test them!
you would be getting codes, I say pick up a maf sensor put it in real careful and see what it does, if it doesn't fix the problem take it back and say it turned out to be something else. or call around any local junkyards and pick up a used one cheap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia