Loud Electric Fan & Warm A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking a break from wrenching on my German cars to focus on my 09 PPV. Noticed that my electric fans have been running extremely high at first start up (and always) going back to early March. Now that it’s getting warmer, I noticed my A/C isn’t blowing very cold air, so I bought a recharge kit.

The challenge, the A/C system is showing full. I decided to spray water from my garden hose through the front grill and noticed the fans wouldn’t come on so high.

Any link to the A/C and loud fans? Should I replace the dual electric fans? Why is my A/C not cold?

2011SSVTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How dirty is your ac condenser and radiator? Also are you full on Radiator fluid? And when was the last time you flushed the radiator and refilled it?

I would guess the fans are blowing in the right direction.

OP
OP
B

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. No clue how dirty my AC condenser or radiator is. I’m full on fluid. The fans are on the right way.

Maybe I should do a radiator flush? No telling what was done before.

I do notice that my fans spin extra high And stay on extra high when I use remote start. I turned the key like normal yesterday and the fans didn’t come on as high. Still the same story about the AC not being very cold.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fans will be on whenever ac is on at low road speeds. If you do remote start,
the fans may come on if the HVAC setting is for ac or defrost functions.
Turn everything off, start with the key.. then check to see if fans are on.
At a cold start, they shouldn't be on til you get to temp or if ac/auto/defrost is on

OP
OP
B

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the help everyone. I checked and no recall. I likely need to replace the fan, which likely would help with the AC. It’s just odd that the system is full of refrigerant, yet doesn’t blow very cold.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking a break from wrenching on my German cars to focus on my 09 PPV. Noticed that my electric fans have been running extremely high at first start up (and always) going back to early March. Now that it’s getting warmer, I noticed my A/C isn’t blowing very cold air, so I bought a recharge kit.

The challenge, the A/C system is showing full. I decided to spray water from my garden hose through the front grill and noticed the fans wouldn’t come on so high.

Any link to the A/C and loud fans? Should I replace the dual electric fans? Why is my A/C not cold?

Seems to me like your AC refrigerant is low. Do you have an AC Manifold Gauge set to do some diagnostics? @91RS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts