Looking to delete the side body moldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKaechler

Reaction score
I have been considering if I should repair the side body moldings that are beginning to come loose, or if I should simply delete the body moldings entirely. That would give me the smooth look.

However, what kind of marks is that likely to leave behind? If I use heat gun and that eraser thing can I simply remove the adhesive like i did on my rear hatch badges? For the badge I used some fishing line as a sorta saw to cut under thru the adhesive. Should I be able to do that again, but on a larger scale. Are there any posts or screws holding the body moldings in place?

today I saw a NNBS tahoe running without any of its side moldings and it really looked great.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
59CB7909-8496-4117-A705-369C4EDBB564.jpeg
It was literally the very first thing I did to mine.
I used a combination of a heat gun and fishing line
Along with a 3m eraser wheel but be easy cause too much pressure will scratch up your clearcoat
Your finger tip works good too but it’ll be raw by the time you’re done!
Well worth it I like the look a lot better

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I’ve done this to multiple vehicles and sometimes there will be a white outline from where the molding was.
Just get a buffing pad and some good compound & polish and it’ll buff right out 90% of the time
Harbor freight has some good buff pads and cheap buffers and good meguires polish’s pretty cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224