Looking for more Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcoker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for more Torque

A few years ago my wife went from a 2002 Yukon 5.3 to a 2012 4 door Denali Sierra with the 6.2. I love the old Yukon and can’t seem to part with it. I drive it more than she does. But I love the 400+ HP & 500+ ftlbs of torque her truck has. Without reinventing the wheel, I’m looking to get similar performance out of the 5.3.

Looking for recommendations for heads, cam, headers & tune. I want to stay out of the bottom end. Not looking to pull the engine. Trying to avoid a turbo or a supercharger. More interested in the torque than the horsepower. Still want it to be a reliable driver that we can throw the kids & dogs in on the weekends for road trips. I was hoping someone out there has successfully done this type build before & I could pull from their experience and knowledge. Trying to avoid reading hours of build pages to find what I want.

Thanks,

JC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14