Looking for Mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrawk1120

Reaction score
So, I got into an accident. I hit a bull on my way to work. Nearly totaled my 1999 tahoe 4dr 4wd. Luckily, I had a Westin Bull bar, and it took most of the hit.

The picture was from pre accident. I will have another after the work is done.

So now, I have a new front end. Have the chrome grill. Black emblem, HIDs hi/low. clear housing, black housing for the parking lights and side markers. Other than the after market light housings, the truck is stock. 2 of my 4 wheels were damaged, so those are again stock. I did get a black GoRhino bull bar.

I am looking for any ideas that could maybe customize the appearance of the truck. Budget friendly please. I really want to put a lift on the truck, but I cannot afford one at the moment. If anybody has any suspension lifts they don't want, I would like to buy one.

Other than that, does anybody have any ideas?

Attachments

• Looking_Mean_by_jrawk1120.jpg
    Looking_Mean_by_jrawk1120.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 24

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a set of fog lights to mount on that Go-Rhino bull bar.Thats the only thing that comes to mind right now.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess your bull-bar lived up to its name, huh? If you're looking for modifications to enhance the appearance of your truck, that are budget friendly, you could consider de-molding, removing the chrome fender trim, color-matching your grill or bumpers (these are budget friendly if you do it yourself), removing the running boards and you could replace them with aftermarket side steps/ nerf bars, or leaving it bare. Of course these are all just ideas and it's your truck, so do what you want.

As for a lift, you could start off light with a minor T-Bar crank, and maybe some blocks out back. You could also consider a body lift, which is a pretty cheap (in relative terms) way of lifting your truck. Keep in mind that you might want to go higher in the future. So if you want significant lift, save your pennies for a quality suspension lift.

Also, if you dig deep through the forum, you may find the inspiration you are looking for.

OP
OP
jrawk1120

jrawk1120

Reaction score
I have 265's for wheels on right now. What is the largest i can go (without lifting), because its looking to be about time for tires, and i want to go a little bigger.

Also, has anybody played around with wheel spacers. I haven't decided what I am going to get for wheels, and for a wider looking stance, somebody told me spacers. Are they a good idea?

Attachments

• Looking_Mean_by_jrawk1120.jpg
    Looking_Mean_by_jrawk1120.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 7

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could run some 285's under there without a lift, but they may rub a little. A really small T-Bar crank might help. Just for reference, there are people who run 35's with no lift kit and heavily cranked t-bars. But going that route adds stress to your front-end with the added t-bar tension and they end up being pretty stuffed under the fender wells. There's another member who runs 33's with just a T-Bar crank and a small lift block out back and it seems to work well for him. Running 285's wouldn't be a big deal though.

Regarding the wheel-spacers, I've never used them, but I have heard many times to stay away from them, as you'd be happier just purchasing wheels with the offset/backspacing you're looking for. If you want to buy new wheels anyways, you may just want to go this route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz