Looking for lift points to lift my 2016 Tahoe with a 2 post lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdsimms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm installing a 2 post lift in my garage. Does anyone know where I can find the 'lift points' on my Tahoe?

(on a side note, I recently had a flat out on the road and had to lift the rear using the differential. I couldn't find any appropriate lift points otherwise)

Reaction score
I have a pdf file that I downloaded from somewhere that is 35 pages and shows lift points for just about all makes/models

Well, it's from 2016. Here's the cover page with the name and company it's from

20221222_172523.jpg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would think they would be the same. The front looks the same but not sure why the rear would be different. I always jack mine in front of the rear tire not behind. You would think you would want the weight evenly distributed whichever way you lift the vehicle, lift or jack.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Remember that the jacking points shown in the manual are for using the small bottle jack that comes with the vehicle.
In the manual for a rear tire they show to place the jack under the rear axle just inboard of the tire, not on the frame. Probably because it'll get the tire off the ground sooner and also so that narrow bottle jack isn't extended up too far and either not tall enough or too unstable when the tire is off the ground due to suspension flex. The front of the vehicle sits lower in height and harder to place that bottle jack on the control arm inboard of the tire, so the frame right behind the wheel well is used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt