Looking for advice/help with Object Sensors on Side Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a lot of false object detection on my side view mirrors... It doesn't cause any
actual problems, other than it is annoying. And of course makes me not trust this function

I have looked in my scanner for its function and reset but haven't found anything that actually helps.

I don't even know where the sensors are located, so maybe its a dirty/faulty sensor somewhere.

Any help is appreciated
2014YukonXL Denali

OP
OP
F

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some more searching... on the side object sensor.
I'm going to remove it and clean the module and wiring and see if that solves my problem.
It's been this way since I bought the Yukon in 2019 and hasn't gotten any better or worse.
I've found the module online for about $400..
Apparently it's located up under the side rear bumper, so as soon as it cools down around here
I'll look for it !!!
HTH anyone else.
BTW, for my 2014 the GM Part # is 20823460 according to RA & GM parts websites

I found a used one on ebay for $160, but i'm afraid it won't be any better than what I have

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Get a clone Tech 2. China Car Diag.com. You can purchase the used part and return it if it's not in good nick. Meanwhile you'll get to keep the diagnostic equipment regardless, vs purchasing the $400 new replacement. The Tech2 will allow you to turn the blind zone on and off manually as well as verify the code it's giving you to verify that's the issue.

China car diag.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094