Looking for a new headunit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i know i made a thread about this a couple of months ago. Well for christmas I got a 3rd generation Ipod Touch. So i need to be able to play that. Needs to have AM/FM, cd, and be able to play my ipod. Most that i have seen are only compatible with 1st and 2nd generation. Budget is under $300.

Is HD radio worth it?

xX Mavr1ck Xx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i know i made a thread about this a couple of months ago. Well for christmas I got a 3rd generation Ipod Touch. So i need to be able to play that. Needs to have AM/FM, cd, and be able to play my ipod. Most that i have seen are only compatible with 1st and 2nd generation. Budget is under $300.

Is HD radio worth it?

Same one I have and I love it. it has everything that you want. i paid $150 for mine. Thats just my suggestion:)
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KD-HDR50-Color-Illumination-Single-DIN-Receiver/dp/B001PL7NZS

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude check out Alpine. def worth it. they have a cable that hooks up to your ipod and you can control it right on the head unit. Alpine is great quality too for a reasonable price (for what you get in quality)

kope

Reaction score
i just went with a Sony GT630 and love it, works great with my ipod but a have an 80gb classic, the only thing it didn't have that i really wanted was a rear usb in, but it still works awesome, and looks killer.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer that I don't use bc of the Double Din has about 6 months of use on it with the IPOD cable. Still have the orignal box and LOUD AS hell. For some reason my system was louder with it compared tot he DD. Guess it was a blessing in disguise to not destroy my hearing. Here's a link to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va4x3LM_x2Q

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

I say $100 Shipped. There's a lil blemish on one of the knobs from using. It can be touched up but I got other projects going on not to do so. I can get pics for you.

OP
OP
992door

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i ended up buying the Pioneer 5200. Paid 189 shipped

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member