Looking for a double din dash bezel i can order online. Found this one but its $500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegasf6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent, thanks for the link. So since I don't have a tape deck, it won't come out as well?

Also, you probably noticed some of your pictures links are dead in that thread?

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I posted them below in the order they were missing above. You can use the base from a regular radio too I believe, the tape deck is just the one I found for free in the scrap yard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I just didn't like the idea that id have to hack up my dash that much, plus the loss of texture where the new bezel meets the old dash, then paint... all for something that changes to overall look more than I liked. However when done right those kits do look good

printcraft

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just didn't like the idea that id have to hack up my dash that much, plus the loss of texture where the new bezel meets the old dash, then paint... all for something that changes to overall look more than I liked. However when done right those kits do look good

I have done this mod.
After molding with the epoxy I masked off the inner area of the entire
dash insert. I used a light texture paint on the new area as well as the old to blend it together.
Then painted the whole thing with the proper color paint. It looks factory.

mclaughlin006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Printcraft - Do you have any pictures of yours? I'm about to do an install, myself, and am pretty anxious/nervous about it. Any pictures of DIY jobs would make me feel better!

mclaughlin006

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow!

That looks really nice, super clean! Did you say you used the DetailSS kit or was this a custom fab done by just yourself? I don't suppose you took pictures during the build?

Thanks again

Mike

printcraft

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks really nice, super clean! Did you say you used the DetailSS kit or was this a custom fab done by just yourself? I don't suppose you took pictures during the build?

Thanks again

Mike

Mike,

Yes, that is the DetailSS kit.
I did not take any build pictures. I just grabbed the Dremel and went to town. :challenge:

The instructions in the kit are pretty detailed and I didn't get lost once during the work.

The outer 1/2" bezel around the head unit was not included with the kit, that came from Pioneer. The dash would have fit level across the face without that part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts