Looking at an 02 yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking at an 02 yukon Denali XL tomorrow. It has 203,000 miles. What are common things to look for? I know to check the brake lines because those were an issue. I had an 03 yukon years ago and sold it with 286k miles. Only issue I had was rear main seal leaking and frame rust thanks to PA winters.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I would say look for the known issues you've already experienced. At 203k, you've got a spring-ish chicken comparatively.

Basic maintenance, overall condition, rust etc.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

What engine comes in it? I ALWAYS want to see the paperwork from previous maintenance and repairs.

Just a few days ago, I bought and sold a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL with the 6.0 and now the new owner is paying me to do the work on it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at an 02 yukon Denali XL tomorrow. It has 203,000 miles. What are common things to look for? I know to check the brake lines because those were an issue. I had an 03 yukon years ago and sold it with 286k miles. Only issue I had was rear main seal leaking and frame rust thanks to PA winters.
at 203k you should be looking at everything head-to-toe and asking about any service records
knock sensors, water pump, hubs, heater hoses, plugs and wires, all fluids should have all been addressed previous to now
if not expect that all of the above will need to be addressed as soon as it starts becoming a daily driver

OP
OP
B

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

What engine comes in it? I ALWAYS want to see the paperwork from previous maintenance and repairs.

Just a few days ago, I bought and sold a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL with the 6.0 and now the new owner is paying me to do the work on it.

It’s a 6.0 awd

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Before I sold mine, I had made a list of components to update and am now doing it all for the new owner. ALL fluids at least.

OP
OP
B

Bigtrite

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I w
some clunk is normal, the delay may or may not be, depending on if it seems to be a inordinate amount of time
I would say 1 full second maybe 2 seconds at most. If you drop it in reverse and hit the throttle instantly it doesn’t move, clunks then goes. If you put it in reverse count 1 Mississippi 2 then hit the throttle it goes perfectly

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I w

I would say 1 full second maybe 2 seconds at most. If you drop it in reverse and hit the throttle instantly it doesn’t move, clunks then goes. If you put it in reverse count 1 Mississippi 2 then hit the throttle it goes perfectly
if it is abnormal then you could get lucky and have it just be a slow solenoid, you can replace all 3 solenoids and get a flush for around $250-300 or so
the solenoids are cheap and can be accessed with the pan off most of the cost is going to be fluid and labor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019