Looking at a 2018 yukon demo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpritch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found a demo with 6670 miles for a good price. 5.3 engine. No sunroof. Great shape. But I am concerned by what I read on this site and others regarding afm and the ride. I test drove it and did think it rode a little rough.. but hey, its a truck!

Anyway, I need to be able to tow a small camper (R-pod). The camper weighs a little over 3000 lbs and I know the 5.3 will pull it BUT will the truck hold up? I carefully maintain vehicles and tend to hold on to them forever.

So, how are the 2018s? Has GMC ironed their many previous problems. Don't want to be going back to dealer for warranty work but want to travel.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks!
Jack

MidnightRider

Reaction score
No problem with my 18 but only has 13k. There are so many of the 15+ vehicles on the road that I find it hard to believe that problems are as common as they are perceived to be on sites like this. The only reason most people come here is when they do have problems.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem with my 18 but only has 13k. There are so many of the 15+ vehicles on the road that I find it hard to believe that problems are as common as they are perceived to be on sites like this. The only reason most people come here is when they do have problems.

Before I got my 2016 Tahoe LT I rented several early 2015 and then later on several 2016 Tahoe's and Suburban's. All were perfect. Some had over 40K miles on them. Also spoke to at least two dozen owners of both the 2015-2016 Tahoe and Suburban while on my trips from Miami-NYC. Not one person had one complaint. Also spoke to several car service drivers on the streets in NYC and all said they had no issues with them and prefer their Suburban over their previous Town Car.

Serg-214

Reaction score
No problems with my 18 Denali XL and Ive had it for a full year now with 23k miles.

Drive it everywhere I go including daily to work since the ride is so smooth compared to my 15 Sierra(finally convinced my wife to drive the Sierra as her daily).

For what its worth, our 15 Sierra has been problem free as well in almost 4 years and 50k miles in.

nahfwt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Yukon will tow your R-pod without breaking a sweat. As long as you maintain it well, I would have no concerns about longevity. 3000 pounds is about half the rated capacity of a standard Yukon and if it has the Max Tow package it will be rated for at least 8000 lbs.
I would make sure you are getting a pretty hefty discount for taking a demo most people buying new don’t want that many miles on a vehicle.

cbpat1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled a 3000 lb boat with my Yukon with a 5.3 with no problem. I can pull that same boat with a Silverado with a 6 cylinder in it just fine, so, yeah, you should have no problem pulling that trailer. Remember to put it in trailer hauling mode, it makes all the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226

Latest posts