Looking at 2011 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WillEngineer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Edit: Adjusted slightly

I thinking about this as a bid.

* $11,100 starting price
* Average of KBB Good and Very Good conditions ($11,700 + $10,500 / 2) with all features and 172,000 miles. This accounts for tires that will need changing and for malfunctioning running board.
* $3,500 for engine (Top and bottom end damage must be assumed).
* $1,000 for my time to fix. (Estimated 60 hours at $16.67/hour).
* $1,100 safety factor for not being able to test transmission and shocks adequately. Based upon cost of transmission rebuilt at $2,500 and $1,000 for magnetic shocks and air compressor. ($2,500 + $1,000 = $3,500 / 3)

$11,100
- $3,500
- $1,000
- $1,100

= $5,500

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth a shot. He probably won’t get that trading it in.

OP
OP
W

WillEngineer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bid in. He told me he'd like to hold off for more, but will consider.

From my end, I'll withdraw my bid on Saturday if I haven't heard anything and look elsewhere.

Would still like to consider Yukons if this one doesn't work out. Perhaps a Tahoe or Suburban.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s not going to get offered any more than that unless that person intends to hack it together to fix it cheap. The more I think about it, I probably wouldn’t pay that much. If I’ve got to do all that work it better be cheaper in the end, not the same price I could buy one for that doesn’t need an engine.

I say still get a Denali or Escalade. They’re so much nicer than a Chevrolet plus the 6.2L. At least in my area, a Tahoe LTZ cost a little more than an equivalent Denali or Escalade. Didn’t have to twist my arm. Get in both and pay attention to the little details and you’ll notice the differences. Then drive one and see how much noisier the Chevrolet’s are inside compared to a Denali and then the Escalade is even quieter inside than that.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Oh no, a seller who likes to be wined, dined and sold why you, the buyer, are the one best suited to buy his rig. In other words, he loves to haggle.

My buddy went through that when negotiating to purchase his 13 Chevy LML code 6.6 Duramax dual cab. The owner backed out of sale 3x before his manhood literally had to be challenged. He arranged a meeting at his bank and sell the truck via a wire transfer so his bank could verify he got paid. The guy was nuts!

Thankfully, the task was worth every penny as it was spec’d w/ cooled seats long bed and only 40k miles carrying a lot of the factory warranty that GM bumped up due to known issues but did not recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my first yukon denali a few months ago. To put it brief, i love the thing. My wife drives it, but every chance i get i like to drive it. the only thing i wish was different was that it was 2wd so i got more of that power to the ground. But again, its for my wife, i drive my lifted ram to and from work. I suggest looking at the whole picture. As mentioned above, there are a lot of things to consider when looking this used. You really need to value a previous owner that took care of it. Its a little hard to tell if they did or not, but you need to look the entire truck over. If it has been kept up and maintained, i wouldnt get caught up over a couple grand. You are putting in a new heart. Put some into the trans, and pair that with a well maintained truck, its a great buy. But thats what you need to find out. Sure, cut bait over $2k, then find another that needs $3k in suspension and maintenance......Its not my money, but IMO if i could buy a 2011 Denali in white pearl with a new motor with afm deleted and $1100 set aside for other maintenance, i would jump on it. You are looking at used values and comparing numbers to one with a new motor. Apples to oranges imo. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645