long tubes no cats and stock muffler anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

screamin86

Reaction score
my current exhaust setup has gotten to the point where its a little obnoxious...it doesn't bother me when im alone but when hauling anyone with me it can be a pain. im debating on throwing the stock muffler and tail pipe back on and putting an electric cutout in before the muffler. how does the stock muffler sound on these trucks with no cats and longtubes. ive ran setups like that on my fbodys and loved the sound but wondering if it will tame it enough on this beast.

here is a video of my current setup. it will be getting a built trans and a 2600-3000 converter soon also so the in town and slw accelerating will be kinda obnoxious with my current exhaust i believe as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De_aQIYmvJI&list=UUJdZfE091RMJpf2Nta-awrw&index=1

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
I ran my headers before my corsa for a couple days. Honestly, I didn't notice it any louder then stock with just the headers with no cats.. I have a video I took that I will try to find for you

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this setup is EXACTLY what I run behind my 6.0 lq9. I have a 4000 stall with 4.88s so it loves to ring the rpms already. IMO its sounds like a beast. I like it so much hadnt really got a muffler.

LPP longtubes, 3"ORY straight to the stock muffler and tailpipe. Its pretty quiet under no load, and under about 2400 rpms.. then it wakes up and snaps like aftermarket unit. I really like the stealth of it, but the aggressiveness when I apply.

You would never think its was a stock muffler.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a while I had a e-cutout before my muffler and also have headers but WITH cats. When it was opened I loved it! Wish it was louder actually. So I think it would sound good with stock muffler, no cats, and longtubes and having that cutout you could choose between extreme or tamed. I also have a cam so it chops away at idle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall