Like to get some more opinions on a tranny issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Ive been having this issue since I replaced my U-joints. I will be driving at highway speed 45+ and my truck will have a slight jerking feeling. My RPMs dont jump around while it does it. It also tends to jerk a little harder if I go around a corner. My dad seems to think its an issue of old fluid and a clogged filter not allowing adequate fluid to get in the gears. I also have a problem in the mornings of backing up when its cold my truck will tend to act jerky. I also noticed tonight I was having some hesitation on gear changes under acceleration. It would jerk 2-3 times and then go into the gear. Im going to drop the pan and check for metal. Also going to put in new filter and fluid with some Lucas anti-slip fluid stabilizer.

Also after some quick searching of yukon/tahoe jerking I'm finding people replacing the dizzy and plugs and wires and the jerking going away. As well as some people putting and additive in the tranny for flywheel shudder. I'm afraid to have a huge issue but I have had an active misfire light come on while seeing how fast I could climb a hill doing a power test. The check engine light flashed 2 or 3 times and stayed on. Went away after a couple days. Also had engine light come on the other day and went off after just a few minutes of driving.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
should inspect your cap and rotor or contemplate a sticking valve. as for the tranny it sounds like the line pressure is dropping off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n