Light tick from passenger side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the wife's yukon out for spin the other night and noticed a very slight tick coming from the passenger side wheel/hub/axle. It only seemed to occur when making very sharp turns at low speed... like pulling into a parking stall.

This morning a put the rig on stands, 2wd, and spun the passenger wheel/tire. I heard the same clicking/ticking sound. Its so faint; sounds almost like a card stuck in my kid's bicycle wheel.:wtf: It sounds like its possibly coming from the hub... could it be the bearing? Seems a little premature for a bearing to go out with only 20k miles on the yukon.

I inspected the outer and inner boots. All seem in perfect working condition. No sign of grease coming from anywhere either.

Any suggestions on what it could be? My only thought now is to wait till it gets worse.:Nonono:

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually a clicking sound when making turns can possibly indicate a worn CV shaft, but with only 20k miles on your truck this seems a bit premature. Actually, any worn parts would seem premature with such low mileage. Lol

OP
OP
S

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah way too early for either parts to go bad. I'll have to ask the wife today if its gotten any worse. I told her to just continue as usual.

OP
OP
S

Shimmy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
totally baffled on this one... ticking went away for a bit, now its back.

mcarlson83

Reaction score
With 20k it should still have factory warranty, bring it in. But sounds like a cv, parts can go bad with 1000miles on them. And just because the boots are good doesnt mean the inners or good. Maybe when the cv where being built the assembler forgot to put grease in. Mistakes happen.