Liftgate glass spontaneously shattered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
lol just from the heat?

Could you imagine just standing there talking to someone who you hadn't seen in awhile and BOOM! out goes the back glass.......

I'd hit the deck thinkin I was being shot at lol.

Evdawg42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Outside temp was about 27 degress, I was sitting in the drivers seat with the door open warming up the vehicle (rear defrost was on for a while then off), and all of the sudden the rear glass just exploded. Anyone have this happen before? It did have aftermarket tint as well.
This just happened to my buddy and I yesterday he picked up a 97 Tahoe and otw back home we stopped for fuel. Michigan weather so it was raining and somewhat cold I suppose. I saw him push the defrost button, not sure why as it wasn't snowing. But we had parked at a gas pump right under a spot where the rain was running off the roof onto his LH back door window. I was just sitting in the truck and heard what sounded like a rock hitting the back window and hit the floor thinking it was gun shots, got out after a few seconds ready to whoop some kids ass if it was a person that did it but no one was around at all! I think the defrost got the window cooking hot and the cold water dripping on the window was enough to shatter it. No other explanation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo