Liftgate applique: debadge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlKentuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need to replace the liftgate appliqué on my 2014 Yukon XL. Unfortunately it got French kissed by a trailer. (Fortunately it *only* hit this trim piece and not the body.)

I'm seeing limited options for a practical replacement. Here's one on eBay that should work. I found one for about $50 cheaper, but it has the GMC badge on it. To save a little I'm considering getting it and debadging (since the lift gate already has the GMC logo on the bottom right).

But from looking around here, sometimes the badge is bolted on? Maybe it's just the Chevys? Filling the holes wouldn't be worth messing with.

Any advice? Thanks.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to replace the liftgate appliqué on my 2014 Yukon XL. Unfortunately it got French kissed by a trailer. (Fortunately it *only* hit this trim piece and not the body.)

I'm seeing limited options for a practical replacement. Here's one on eBay that should work. I found one for about $50 cheaper, but it has the GMC badge on it. To save a little I'm considering getting it and debadging (since the lift gate already has the GMC logo on the bottom right).

But from looking around here, sometimes the badge is bolted on? Maybe it's just the Chevys? Filling the holes wouldn't be worth messing with.

Any advice? Thanks.
The badge on the applique only existed on the Chevy side. If there's one on the GMC applique it's either aftermarket or was added after the fact probably with doublesided tape. From the factory, the GMC liftgate applique was blank with no badge attached to it.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked one up off of eBay, it has a camera mount but no button for rear glass. Part number 15893576. Looks way cleaner on my Tahoe, I'm happy with it.

20230813_173923.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz