Leveling Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beel25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done some searching and maybe not enough but hope it easier just to ask. I am looking to put a leveling kit on my 08 tahoe 4x4 z71. Seems alot of people go CCM and have no problems and guess most seem to like it. Really havent seen anything bad about it and is reasonable in price to me. My question is actually with the wheel well heights. I took my measurements from the center of the wheel from the ground to the wheel well. My measurements are DF: 35 7/16, PF: 36 3/16, DR: 37 9/16, PR: 37 12/16. That is 3/4 inch difference between driver front and passenger front. The driver/passenger difference in the rear isnt bad only lil over 1/8 of an inch thats almost un-noticeable. but 3/4 of an inch is different story. What was measurements on yalls vehicles in front driver/passenger before and after leveling kit? The leveling kit doesnt really affect that difference does it? How have yall gone about leveling that number out or should i even mess with it? The front to rear measurements on driver is like 2 1/8 difference and passenger side is measuring just a lil over 1.5 inch difference front to rear. Any help on this be appreciated.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typical Chevy lean, haven't seen a Chevy without it. Some causes are fuel tank mounted on drivers side and most run with just the driver no passengers 90% of the time.
Just do the CCM 2.5/1" kit, then if it bothers you that much add a 1/4" spacer under the drivers side strut, it will net a little over 1/2" in vehicle height.

OP
OP
B

Beel25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this much difference is noted on most vehicles? They like this from factory? I mean is this a design thing Chevy does or this happen over time? If it needs new springs on it for proper fix I have no prob putting some on. But don't want to if it's not gonna fix the issue.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they do roll out of the factory with the Chevy lean. The lean just gets amplified once the springs break in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts