Leveling kit with Z55 air ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheltemes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible to install a leveling kit (torsion keys and rear shock extenders) with a Z55 suspension? I put a set of P285/65/18's on my 2006 Yukon Denali and they're rubbing a bit when fully turned on inclines and declines. If I installed a leveling kit, would the ride height sensors adjust to it? Or is cutting out the wheel wells and part of the running boards my best option?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Is it possible to install a leveling kit (torsion keys and rear shock extenders) with a Z55 suspension? I put a set of P285/65/18's on my 2006 Yukon Denali and they're rubbing a bit when fully turned on inclines and declines. If I installed a leveling kit, would the ride height sensors adjust to it? Or is cutting out the wheel wells and part of the running boards my best option?
You can run a leveling kit yes it shouldn’t effect it if anything you can get adjustable ride height sensor rods
Personally I’ve always trimmed some because I run big wheels and tires you almost have to always trim if you only have a leveling kit usually it’s the front bumpers lower valance and the inner cab corners the steps might interfere but usually it’s the inner cab corner you just trim that corner out beside where the fender bolts at to give yourself some clearance. Again ive done it on every single truck and suv I’ve owned multiple friends trucks also I just did it to my friends 2022 Tacoma where he installed 33s and the leveling kit weren’t enough to clear it
You’ll need a die grinder or cut off wheel on a normal grinder maybe a sawzaw and a hammer also make sure to grab some paint to spray over the cut so it don’t rust
They call this the NorCal mod if you Google it there’s tons of videos of how to do it and personally it would be much easier and cheaper then getting a leveling kit getting it installed and getting a new alignment

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can do this, but you will need to reset the Automatic Level Control (ALC) afterwards with a bi-directional scanner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz