Leveled 2017 Z71 Tahoe - Bounce

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudesweet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just bought a 2017 Tahoe Z71. Got it leveled with a 2" Rancho loaded QuickLift kit up front, but stock in the rear. The ride is fine, but it sits a bit. Coming to a sudden stop really rocks this truck (not quite porpoising, but close). I notice it more now when I come to a red light and the car stops.

Needless to say, I probably need to replace the rears.

A few of questions:
1. Any suggestions on the 9 positions available on these QuickLifts?

2. Should I go with the rear Ranchos or Bilsteins? I've read positive things on both in the forums. But also read some criticism for both, but seems like I should stick with the same brand (that's the OCD talking).

3. Aside from the obvious (replacing the rear shocks), anything else I should be looking for?

Attachments

• PSX_20210906_165449.jpg
    PSX_20210906_165449.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just guessing by age, start with rear shocks.

The bilstein really firmed up the rear...sway, sag and bounce.

Keep in mind, both mentioned are designed offroad shocks and will feel slightly firmer than a stocker.

For the front, start at 4 or 5 on the clicks...pay attention to your ride, then adjust to your liking.

JD2288

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just bought a 2017 Tahoe Z71. Got it leveled with a 2" Rancho loaded QuickLift kit up front, but stock in the rear. The ride is fine, but it sits a bit. Coming to a sudden stop really rocks this truck (not quite porpoising, but close). I notice it more now when I come to a red light and the car stops.

Needless to say, I probably need to replace the rears.

A few of questions:
1. Any suggestions on the 9 positions available on these QuickLifts?

2. Should I go with the rear Ranchos or Bilsteins? I've read positive things on both in the forums. But also read some criticism for both, but seems like I should stick with the same brand (that's the OCD talking).

3. Aside from the obvious (replacing the rear shocks), anything else I should be looking for?
I have an 09 with the rs9000's but now i need the rear lifted 1". Will rough country 0"-2.5" rear shocks lift the rear at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons