Let’s talk steering differences....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On My 97 I deleted evo by using a 96 pump and pressure hose.Tie wrapped evo valve onto harness so no codes. I replaced the evo sensor twice. The steering gear took a few tries before i got a good one. (Delcos). I shimmed the pump to 950 lbs, could go maybe as far as 800 lbs. Four alignment shops, three wanted to change the new ball joints, all they changed was toe- to 1/4-5/16, what it needed was caster. Wheelbase shorter on drivers side 5/16. And check your alignment sheet. Rear should never change unless they are screwing you. Hope this helps

OP
OP
S

Shibbershabber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost forgot about this thread...

So my PS pump was starting to go out... looking to delete the EVO system altogether.

I have read elsewhere that I can install a pump and hose for a 1996 and it will bolt right in and Im good to go, is that the case?

I bought the new pump, forgetting about the EVO, and the replacement pump I have does not have any provision for installing the EVO sensor.... Just a standard threaded fitting.
The hose I got wont work without the EVO however. Ill just head up and grab a 1996 hose and see if it does it.

Until then, let me know what you guys think