Lemon Law California. 360 camera keeps going black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Melmills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The entire driver side of my 360 degree camera goes black. Dealer cannot replicate. They have put in new chips, and also completely changed the camera system in my driver side mirror. It’s still going black about 2 times a month. When taken into the dealership, they have never once been able to replicate it, so can’t really fix it. Only have my dozens of videos and photos of the issues. I’ve since singed on with a lemon law attorney.

Here are my questions:

I just want a new one. I love my car. I want the same one. But I have about $6k in upgrades. Will GMC provide me with a new vehicle and cut me a check for the upgrades to my vehicle (paint, ceramic coating, tint, wheels/rims)? Will a lemon law attorney fight for those additional costs? My husband said he’s not paying a penny for this thing. So will a lemon law attorney be able to successfully negotiate not only a new vehicle that is the same, but also the additional costs of my upgrades?
Can anyone give me guidance or their personal experience with doing a lemon law with GMC?
I have a 2021 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4wd diesel.

I also noticed that a lot of the features that come standard with my vehicle, not are only an option with the premium Denali. Do you think an attorney can negotiate me into a premium since my same level of the 24 model lost a lot of the features that I have standard with mine?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd have a sit down talk with an experienced lemon law atty. and get actual legal advice. Your case is probably one that hasn't been seen here. Vehicle going on 4 years old with some modifications and "unable to replicate" are some factors to consider.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised it's a wiring issue. Either pin fitment, corrosion or chaffing wires. A good independent shop experienced in electronic repair would probably be able to figure this one out - dealership don't usually hang onto experienced techs - they follow fault trees based on trouble codes and replace parts.

Aftermarket add-ons have very little value when it comes to trade-in or in your case a lemon law replacement. You'll likely get the value of what you paid for the rig, minus the mileage driven and be able to apply that to the purchase of a new one.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The entire driver side of my 360 degree camera goes black. Dealer cannot replicate. They have put in new chips, and also completely changed the camera system in my driver side mirror. It’s still going black about 2 times a month. When taken into the dealership, they have never once been able to replicate it, so can’t really fix it. Only have my dozens of videos and photos of the issues. I’ve since singed on with a lemon law attorney.

Here are my questions:

I just want a new one. I love my car. I want the same one. But I have about $6k in upgrades. Will GMC provide me with a new vehicle and cut me a check for the upgrades to my vehicle (paint, ceramic coating, tint, wheels/rims)? Will a lemon law attorney fight for those additional costs? My husband said he’s not paying a penny for this thing. So will a lemon law attorney be able to successfully negotiate not only a new vehicle that is the same, but also the additional costs of my upgrades?
Can anyone give me guidance or their personal experience with doing a lemon law with GMC?
I have a 2021 GMC Yukon XL Denali 4wd diesel.

I also noticed that a lot of the features that come standard with my vehicle, not are only an option with the premium Denali. Do you think an attorney can negotiate me into a premium since my same level of the 24 model lost a lot of the features that I have standard with mine?
They typically do not reimburse or replace the items you've upgraded after initial purchase.

Mollys70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guaranteed this shop can fix it. People send their cars here from all over the country. Appointment is necessary.
They are not cheap, but fair. They have the best mechanics in the area.
Also, on You Tube as the Car Wizzard.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through this in Florida back in 2017. All states are different. All the questions you are asking should be answered by your attorney. He should have all the answers if he is an experienced attorney. I was able to get reimbursed for my add on’s, I had all my receipts. Documentation of all work done on your vehicle is very important. Good luck.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are all great questions for the lemon law attorney you signed on with. You’re attorney should be more than able to layout clear expectations on all these items you’re inquiring about.

To be honest if your issue is only happening twice a month it’s no wonder the dealer is unable to duplicate the issue. That would be a random coincidence if they did. That’s the real hard part on issues that are sporadic and only happen every so often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts