LED Tails Not Working Right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Nice job man, I like color alot and the hood!!!

OP
OP
Big Tap

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It was a long time coming, but the end result is pretty nice. Like I said, I plan on getting more pictures once I've had a chance to put everything on it.

The color is BMW Toledo Blue Metallic. It's kind of a steelish blue with a hint of purple pearl in the right light.

fierodough

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a small problem with mine...

No fast blink or anything during the day... But at night when all the lights turn on, I get a fast blink when signaling and braking at the same time. (pretty much at any street corner) Looks like the signal light, brake lights and marker lights are competing for the same bank of LEDS, causing a fast blink... I'm not sure if my tails have any jumpers to solve this..

here are mine:
IMG_0191.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Not to thread *****, but do you guys know about how much does it cost to paint these SUVs?

OP
OP
Big Tap

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small problem with mine...

No fast blink or anything during the day... But at night when all the lights turn on, I get a fast blink when signaling and braking at the same time. (pretty much at any street corner) Looks like the signal light, brake lights and marker lights are competing for the same bank of LEDS, causing a fast blink... I'm not sure if my tails have any jumpers to solve this..

The first thing you want to do is check polarity, but I think it sounds like it's right. It could be like mine where the pins for the brakes and blinkers are in the wrong locations, causing the fast blink.

As far as painting a Tahoe, if it's a normal shop, expect to pay anywhere from $4K-$6K for a paint job from start to finish for a basic paint job. There are better deals to be had if you can get someone that maybe works at a paint job to do it on the side, but sometimes those people are hard to come by.

joes 00 Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has an 07 x-cab Silverado, w/ a flatbed on it, and he has some LED tail lights, and they blink fast too! He was complaining about it, and I have noticed that a lot of trucks/SUVs w/ LED tail lights, the lights tend to blink fast! ( compared to regular lights ) I know this didn't really help, just an observation I made! LOL

As far as paint....Big Tap is right on the money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts