LED Tail Lights acting up...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the LED lights seen in my avatar - normal ones it seems a ton of guys here have. Been good for years - but now the tail lights are acting up - VERY dim to none on one side. and some flickering going on. Anyone else ever have issues with these lights?

Screwd up 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they might have bit the dust. I know when I bought mine I paid over $200...they are now about $100 on amazon and ebay.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same ones. Been good for a couple years and recently I noticed one of the vertical rows for the brake/parking lights is dim. I think I have a broken trace in mine but don't really want to open them up to fix a trace. I'd hate to have to go back to stock.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same ones. Been good for a couple years and recently I noticed one of the vertical rows for the brake/parking lights is dim. I think I have a broken trace in mine but don't really want to open them up to fix a trace. I'd hate to have to go back to stock.

Hmmmmm, this does not give me the warm and cozy here either. I have had NO LUCK at all so far with Aftermarket DRL LED's, ............... are my tails going to be next? (As I as well am running the X3 tails on mine).

I have pretty much decided that I will go back to stock on my DRL's and get rid of the LED's. Even though the eBay seller will replace my two recently burned bulbs for free, but what are the chances of them not going out again? My first set lasted me about 8 months, the second set lasted me a little less than 2 weeks. Now i will have to look forward to the tails going out as well?

Maybe going back to stock is the only smart decision here?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, this does not give me the warm and cozy here either. I have had NO LUCK at all so far with Aftermarket DRL LED's, ............... are my tails going to be next? (As I as well am running the X3 tails on mine).

I have pretty much decided that I will go back to stock on my DRL's and get rid of the LED's. Even though the eBay seller will replace my two recently burned bulbs for free, but what are the chances of them not going out again? My first set lasted me about 8 months, the second set lasted me a little less than 2 weeks. Now i will have to look forward to the tails going out as well?

Maybe going back to stock is the only smart decision here?

Don't you dare go back to stock! Most people don't have problems with the sonar tails. Just us unfortunate few. And don't give up on the led drls, please. I have had mine for almost 3 years and no problems. The only thing is I can't find them anywhere on ebay where I got them. They are the cone shaped led drls.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same ones. The drivers side light a whole row of LEDs went out and on the passenger side the running lights are dim and only one row of LEDs lights up when braking. Needless to say I took them out and am currently running stocks with the amber turns candied red.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you dare go back to stock! Most people don't have problems with the sonar tails. Just us unfortunate few. And don't give up on the led drls, please. I have had mine for almost 3 years and no problems. The only thing is I can't find them anywhere on ebay where I got them. They are the cone shaped led drls.

Well, hate to let you down my friend, but the DRL LED's were exchanged to regular bulbs again today. We shall see if I will switch back to LED's once I receive the replacements for the bad bulbs I had just recently purchased.

I went with an amber bulb this time and do actually like the change of look. At least for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted