LED Light Bar Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jonah52 it all depends on how difficult you want to Mae mounting the light bar. It took me some time and different ideas to come up with my location, maybe if you swap out the grille you can make it easy and do what I did

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I would like to run one since I drive a lot of night miles in the country, but I also kinda wanted to keep my chrome instead of swapping it all out for black. Not really sure where I could mount one with the stock grill.

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jonah52 you can replace the factory grill with a aftermarket that is chrome, I have the all blk look so that why I went with the grill I have. eBay has hundreds and they are relatively cheap in price

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the light bar holding up oside?

I still have yet to install mine, haha. Getting on it in the next week or so. We recently moved and my commute is down some very long stretches of two lane country roads with no streets at all.

Speaking of light bars, I drove behind someone yesterday morning (3am), he had a light bar, it was like day lite in front of him. Bastard didn't turn it off with oncoming traffic though, not cool.

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@992dr light bar is holding up perfectly. I recently upgraded my driving lights and dogs to the led with the built in fans and the difference from traditional halogen is insane. Still use the light bar when checking the waves for surfing before the sun comes up. You have to get that bar installed already man!!!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oside,
Nice, that's good to hear.
Are the driving lights blinding? That would be my only concern.
You need to get some snap shots of them like you did with the light bar.
Yes, you are correct, I'm working on it now. I'm making a light bar similar to N-fabs to come up in front of the bumper. I have a few different ways I'm thinking of going with it. We'll see where this goes, hah.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
@992dr light bar is holding up perfectly. I recently upgraded my driving lights and dogs to the led with the built in fans and the difference from traditional halogen is insane. Still use the light bar when checking the waves for surfing before the sun comes up. You have to get that bar installed already man!!!

What LED headlight bulbs did you get? I'm thinking of getting some.

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@yukondoit I made the mistake of not researching the company and purchased some daytime and fogs that already need to be replaced. Number one issue is a majority of LED bulbs only have a single bulb on one side of the light stick designated for regular low beam. That causes the light to only have a half moon displacement. I found a company called OPT7 that has a low beam bulb on both sides that will give the output a full circle output.

As much as I want Retros I can't justify the cost when I'm trying to save up to pimp out the backyard on the new house.

Here is a link for the ones I will be purchasing to try out

http://m.ebay.com/itm/OPT7-H13-9008...Light-Bulbs-/121706165873?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

http://m.ebay.com/itm/OPT7-FluxBeam...ACTIVE&skus=Select Size:H3&varId=440893473368

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 42" light bar installed on the black plastic where the foam slides in. Barely fit between the headlights and I had to use .5" spacers to get the brackets on the sides of the lights to fit between the headlights. The only thing that touches the light is the radiator support bracket (A-frame) behind the grill but it doesn't interfere with the light. I live in Western Washington so I use the light mainly driving up to the mountain to go snowboarding in the early morning. Lot of country area to go through with plenty of horses/cows/moose, last thing I want to do is run into one of them..

tahoe lightbar installed.JPG