LED Light Bar Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 42" light bar installed on the black plastic where the foam slides in. Barely fit between the headlights and I had to use .5" spacers to get the brackets on the sides of the lights to fit between the headlights. The only thing that touches the light is the radiator support bracket (A-frame) behind the grill but it doesn't interfere with the light. I live in Western Washington so I use the light mainly driving up to the mountain to go snowboarding in the early morning. Lot of country area to go through with plenty of horses/cows/moose, last thing I want to do is run into one of them..

View attachment 184142

Welcome aboard sarneson and nice looking light bar.
Man, that must be pretty sweet to see how bright the light is going up those mountain roads. I'm with you, the last thing I'd want to run into is a Moose. Deer are pretty common around here, nothing big though. At least compared to MA where I used to live. Going into Maine, New Hampshire and up into Canada they're the size of horses haha.

I installed one of mine exactly like that but its only 12 or so inches long. I also have a single row. I made a mount to fit inside the lower plate. I'll have to go grab a couple of shots of it.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please excuse how dirty my Hoe is.
Inside grill is roughly 8" Vision X and license plate light is 12" Auxbeam. Both spot.

07 Tahoe-3.jpg 07 Tahoe-4.jpg

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very familiar with the deer around there, I'm originally from cola SC and have lived there and Myrtle most of my life. Honestly I've never seen the size of deer that are up here in Washington before, they're massive, and you're right I wouldn't want to hit one of them either. Going up the mountains with it on is awesome I can see everything just as it is if it was the middle of the day with no cloud cover.

Ken Redfearn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This was a great find. I will be installing a 20" light bar behind the grill on my 07 Tahoe. That is when the weather warms up, Lol! I was going to mount it to the A-Frame in front of the radiator but after reading this I will mount it like sarneson91 did.