led issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikinizor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In photo with three bulbs you see samples of the three types of bulbs I recieved in my led kit. The photo of the single bulb shows the work of the devil. When I removed lens cover to replace bulbs in rear dome light assembly (inside barn door area) I quickly ascertained that this was not something like anything in my led kit...I just as quickly removed bulb and almost as quickly realized I was unable to put it back!! HELP! I am sure there is a youtube video or another post just like this but I am asking you fellow hoe lovers...how in the heck do I put this devil spawn back or can I replace it with a somewhat more user friendly version? 98 Tahoe LT. Thank you.1b04a60b9b2d48bc053854b14fcad2f3.jpgcead29f92cab4f7a9e28c2aa090f0c25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, it just clips in, same way the led goes in, typically the led's are a tiny bit shorter and easier to insert, so just bend the tabs (out) a pinch and put your old bulb back in

OP
OP
nikinizor

nikinizor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lol, it just clips in, same way the led goes in, typically the led's are a tiny bit shorter and easier to insert, so just bend the tabs (out) a pinch and put your old bulb back in
My fingers do not fit in hole...nor do needle nose pliers that I attempted to hold bulb with

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a bulb like that clear one with the wires sticking out of the ends. Are you sure it's OEM? Could be someone used it instead of OEM.

Anyway, here's a video of LED replacement, using OEM style festoon LED bulbs in the dome light positions.

OP
OP
nikinizor

nikinizor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, thats the video I watched too...newer fixtures in that tahoe or different trim maybe? I have found out they are called a fixed loop bulb. The company that sold ne the kit has been great and sent me not only a replacement for a buld that was non- functional but two fixed loop leds and two more map light leds! Too hot to mess with at the moment but hope to have entire interior except cluster done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645